Announced by Health + Safety magazine in October this year. Fall Protection had 8,241 total violations and was the most frequently cited OSHA standard violation, putting it at the top of the list. This is surprisingly the third year in a row that Fall Protection has been number one on the list.
Previously it was Scaffolding that held the top spot but found itself in third this year at 5,423 total violations. This year Hazard Communication came in second on the list at 6,156 total violations.
Here is the full top 10 list of violations for 2013:
- Fall Protection – 8,241 Violations
- Hazard Communication – 6,156 Violations
- Scaffolding -5,423 Violations
- Respiratory Protection – 3,879 Violations
- Electrical, Wiring Methods – 3,452 Violations
- Powered Industrial Trucks – 3,340 Violations
- Ladders – 3,311 Violations
- Lockout/Tagout – 3,254 Violations
- Electrical, General Requirements – 2,745 Violations
- Machine Guarding – 2,701 Violations
This information was provided by OSHA. This information shows why it is important to train employees and make sure all facilities are within code to avoid such violations.