This 8-hour course meets the training requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR 1910. 120 for 8 hours of annual refresher training for workers at hazardous waste sites. This course is intended for general site workers who remove hazardous waste, who are exposed, or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards. This course will contain topics related to workplace hazards and provide regulations and procedures used to identify hazard and conduct work associated with Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER).
- The material presented within this course is for informational and educational purposes only.
- All Parties involved in the development of this course shall not be liable for any inappropriate use of this information beyond the purpose stated above.
- It is the student responsibility to follow any laws and regulations pertaining to the materials presented in this course.
Benefits of HAZWOPER Training
- Develops a strong foundation of safety in the workplace.
- Heightens employees’ safety by helping employees understand to protect themselves from known or potential workplace hazards.
- Increases employee skills with safe work practices.
- Improves a company’s effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity.
- May prevent Regulatory Sanctions.
- Reduces likelihood of tragic events on job sites.
- Also, employees understand the importance of compliance with safety regulations and why they are necessary.
Course Topics Include
- HAZWOPER Regulations
- Site Characterization
- Hazard Recognition
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Medical Surveillance
HAZWOPER Course Learning Objectives
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Summarize the three phases of Site Characterization.
- Understand toxicology and various types of chemical exposures
- Describe potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers and reactive chemicals.
- Identify the different levels of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE ensembles.
- Understand the importance of decontamination as well as levels of decontamination and various methods.
- Understand the Medical Surveillance Program and its purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: You have 60 days from receiving your online enrollment login to successfully pass/complete the course. Failure to do so will forfeit your enrollment and require a new registration to the course.