- Almost 80% of adults will experience back pain or injury at some point in their working lives.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- More than one million workers suffer back injuries each year.
- Back injuries account for nearly 20% of workplace injuries or illnesses and are second only the common cold for the number of lost workdays.
- 25% of all workplace compensation claims involve back injuries, costing companies billions of dollars annually, in addition to the pain and suffering experienced by injured employees.
- Four out of five back injuries happen to the lower back, and three out of four of those injuries occurred while the employee was lifting.
- Injured backs are often subject to reinjury.
The Online Federal Back Injury Prevention Course is includes but is not limited to the following topics:
- Back disorders overview and how they can be avoidable with: posture, weight control/loss and exercise.
- Proper Lifting Techniques, precautions and pre-lifting considerations to mitigate or prevent injury
- Workplace legal requirements
- Accepted work practices for safe lifting, back injury prevention, and correct body mechanics
- Potential hazards when lifting
- OSHA regulations and standards
- Resources for back lifting, care and ergonomics
PLEASE NOTE: You have 60 days from receiving your online enrollment login to successfully pass/complete the course. Failure to do so will forfeit your enrollment and require a new registration to the course.