This course is designed for any persons involved with entering/exiting and utilizing confined spaces within the workplace. This course identifies key principles of maintaining safety and the necessary precautions for the awareness level of Confined Space. This course covers the Cal/OSHA specific regulations for Confined Space.
Protecting employees from injury or death resulting from exposure to toxic gases, oxygen deficiency, explosive gases, or other hazards in confined spaces. Students will be introduced to the technical and informational course materials. The student shall demonstrate the retention of course materials by class discussions, activities, exams, and manipulative skills.
The Confined Space Awareness Program will include the following:
- Identifying confined spaces and their potential hazards
- Developing entry, operational, and rescue procedures for confined spaces
- Training employees who enter and work in confined spaces in entry, operational, and rescue procedures, and CPR and first aid
- Providing medical examinations for employees who enter and work in confined spaces
- Providing necessary safety equipment for confined space Operations