As of April 1st, 2023, Cal/OSHA is terminating the accreditation for all VIRTUAL training classes. NATEC will no longer offer virtual training for accredited Asbestos courses after March 31st, 2023.
The Southern California Asbestos Project Designer Initial 24 Hour course is three days in length. Persons seeking to be licensed as an asbestos consultant or accredited as a project designer shall complete the project design course. Successful completion of the course shall be demonstrated by achieving a score of at least 70% correct on the written course examination.
Hours: 24 Hours
This course will cover background information on asbestos and potential health effects related to asbestos exposure. Other topics include:
- Overview of abatement construction projects to include clearance of the project area
- Safety system design specifications, including written sampling rationale for air clearance
- Field trip
- Employee personal protective equipment
- Additional Safety hazards
- Fiber aerodynamics and control
- Designing abatement solutions and written project design
- Budgeting/cost estimation
- Writing abatement specifications
- Preparing abatement drawings
- Contract preparation and administration
- Role of other consultants
- Occupied buildings
- How to accomplish a complete visual inspection
- Course review
Please verify with your state regulations to confirm eligibility.
For Virtual Training, this class requires an In-Person component. Please review the chart here for the requirements: