Individuals engaged in the installation, repair, or removal of Asbestos Cement Pipe, especially those focusing on specific product categories as opposed to broad abatement work.
NATEC’s Asbestos Cement Pipe Worker Initial 4 Hour course is meticulously curated to address the unique requirements of workers handling Asbestos Cement Pipe. As per the guidelines of 8 CCR 1529(k)(9)(D)3, this training emphasizes “Training for other Class II work,” ensuring participants are well-versed in the specificities of working with this type of product.
It’s important to note that this training does not encompass the broader abatement work detailed in AHERA (40 CFR 763) and other segments of the Cal/OSHA (8 CCR 341.17) regulations. Instead, it hones in on the niche requirements of companies solely engaged in repairing breaks in A/C Pipe.
A significant component of this course is hands-on training, designed to provide real-world experience. Participants will actively engage in sessions that simulate various on-field activities, ensuring they are prepared for practical scenarios.
- Introduction to Asbestos Cement Pipe and its Applications
- Distinction between Broad Abatement Work and Specific Product Category Work
- Comprehensive Understanding of 8 CCR 1529(k)(9)(D)3 Regulations
- Safety Protocols and Precautions when Working with Asbestos Cement Pipe
- Detailed Simulation of Repairing Breaks in A/C Pipe
Hands-On Training Sessions:
- Setting Up a Regulated Area
- Pipe Cutting Simulation
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between broad abatement work and specific product category work.
- Adhere to the safety standards and regulations as per 8 CCR 1529(k)(9)(D)3.
- Efficiently install, repair, and remove Asbestos Cement Pipe.
- Construct a mini chamber in compliance with safety regulations.
- Set up a regulated area ensuring the safety of all personnel.
- Simulate pipe cutting with precision and safety.
Note: Refresher courses are designed as “retraining” sessions of the initial course, ensuring participants are always up-to-date with the latest safety standards and operational best practices.
- Overview of Asbestos and Asbestos Cement Pipe
- Safety Considerations and Precautions for Asbestos Cement Pipe Work
- Regulatory Framework: Adhering to 8 CCR 1529(k)(9)(D)3 and Other Relevant Regulations
- Distinctions between Abatement Work and Product Category Specific Work
- Hands-On Training: Setting Up Regulated Areas
- Hands-On Training: Pipe Cutting and Handling Simulation
- Final Exam
- Concluding Remarks and Q&A Session.