This 4-Hour Silica Hazard Competent Person/Supervisor Training Course satisfies the new OSHA 29 CFR § 1926.1153 standard, enacted September 23rd, 2017.
This course will go over methods of reducing and preventing silica dust exposure in the workplace.
Topics will include but are not limited to:
- How Respirable Crystalline Silica Affects the Body
- Lung Cancer
- Preventing Exposure of Crystalline Silica
- Using Water
- Using a HEPA Vacuum
- Using HEPA Ventilation
- Using a Respirator
- Types of Respirators
- Other types of PPE
- Proper Use and Maintenance of Silica Dust-Preventing Equipment
- Written Silica Exposure Control Plans
- Implementation and Supervision of Written Silica Exposure Control Plans
- Understanding OSHA’s Final Rule on Silica
This course is intended for supervisors and those supervising personnel who may be exposed to respirable crystalline silica during construction activities.
Group Rates Available! 3 or more students, receive a $10 dollar discount per student ($165 per student). Call us to book your group rate.