Hours: 8 Hours
This class is intended to train personnel in the safe operation of Pendant Cranes.
The class will provide the student with the knowledge and skills needed to safely operate a pendant crane. Also covered in the class will be proper rigging technique and theory, proper tool for the proper job, pre-shift inspection, and sling angle factor.
- Course time is approximately eight hours with four hours spent in the classroom and four hours of hands-on experience. Topics covered in the class are OSHA and CAL/OSHA regulations, proper pendant crane operations, rigging equipment, slings, pick point, and center of gravity.
- At the conclusion of the lecture each student will be required to pass a written examination.
- The practical portion of the class will include a hands-on operation and pre-shift inspection of the pendant crane and a rigging task.
- At the conclusion of the practical session each student will be required to pass a specific task set up by the instructor.
- Class size: Maximum five students per class.
- Class length: Four hours classroom, four hours field training
- Materials: Classroom text @$35.00 each.