Hours: 8 Hours
This class is intended to train personnel in the safe operation of a grader.
The class will provide the student with the knowledge and skills needed to operate a grader. Also covered in the class will be proper pre-shift inspection procedure.
- Course time is approximately eight hours. Topics covered in the class are proper pre-shift inspection, machine operation, working with graders, blue topping, reading stakes, proper replacement of hubs, and working with multigrade brakes.
- At the conclusion of the lecture each student will be required to pass a written examination. At the conclusion of the practical section each student will be required to pass specific tasks set up by the instructor.
- The practical portion of the class will include a four hands-on operation and inspection of a grader, and will be taught as a one-on-one session with each student.
- Class size: Maximum five students per class.
- Class length: Four hours classroom, four hours field training
- Materials: Classroom text @$35.00 each.