Duration: 8 Hours
The Confined Space Rescue Refresher Course is a critical training program designed to reinforce the expertise of professionals responsible for conducting rescue operations in confined spaces. This intensive 8hour course is tailored to refresh the necessary skills and knowledge to perform rescues within OSHA 1910.146 and NFPA standards.
Who Should Take This Course:
This course is imperative for members of emergency response teams, safety personnel, supervisors, and individuals involved in confined space work who have previously completed a Confined Space Rescue and Entry course. It is also beneficial for hazardous waste site workers and anyone looking to maintain their rescue team member credentials.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Be updated on confined space rescue techniques and regulatory compliance changes.
- Understand the construction, usage, and limitations of rescue equipment such as ropes, harnesses, and breathing systems.
- Exhibit proficiency in constructing and operating mechanical advantage systems for safe and efficient rescue operations.
- Practice victim packaging, handling techniques, and executing emergency breathing systems.
- Participate in hands-on rescue scenarios that simulate real-life situations, enhancing their response time and decision making under pressure.
- Develop their team roles, communication procedures, and command systems during group rescue scenarios.
- Review of OSHA 29 CFR Part 1910.146 and NFPA standards.
- Analysis of equipment and gear used in confined space rescues.
- Advanced techniques for hazard reduction and atmospheric monitoring.
- Instruction on knot tying and anchor point creation.
- Methods for constructing lowering and hauling systems.
- Efficient patient handling and packaging within confined spaces.
- Communication protocols and incident command system structuring.
- Execution of rescue scenarios.
Practical exercises in a mock/simulated confined space environment are a central component of this course, providing participants with the opportunity to apply their knowledge and refine their skills in a controlled, realistic setting.
NOTE: NATEC does not provide a confined space location. Training will be mock/simulated or location provided by client.