Hours: 8 Hours
This class is intended to train personnel in the safe operation of a backhoe.
The class will provide the student with the knowledge and skills needed to operate a backhoe. Also covered in the class will be proper grading of the ditch, digging around utility services, production digging, loading trucks, and changing of implements.
- Course time is approximately eight hours. Topics covered in the class are proper pre-shift inspection and machine operation.
- At the conclusion of the lecture each student will be required to pass a written examination.
- Practical Portion
- A four hour hands-on operation and inspection of a backhoe, and will be taught as a one-on-one session with each student. At the conclusion of the practical section each student will be required to pass specific tasks set up by the instructor.
- Class size: Maximum five students per class.
- Class length: Four hours classroom, four hours field training